HIRING – in LOMIRA
Join a company that fosters growth, values initiative and believes in promoting from within.
Responsibilities and Duties
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Transports goods to and from customers using a 26 foot straight truck.
- Daily inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues; performs preventative maintenance when necessary.
- Follows all state and national safety truck regulations and standards, including daily logs.
- Plans routes to meet delivery schedules.
- Prepares product for shipping to customers.
- Ensures customer orders and product match; packaged as appropriate.
- Loads trucks with outgoing product.
- Responsible for clean-up procedures.
- May perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack and/or forklift to move material and stage materials.
- Adhere to all OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Understands the importance of, and exhibits excellent customer service
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Have basic computer knowledge, including the ability to navigate using online mapping tools and map books
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Two years personal driving experience preferred
- Experience driving 26 ft. straight box truck preferred but will train the right applicant
- Must be at least 18 years old, and have a High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to read maps and interpret documents, such as safety rules and operating manuals
- Heavy lifting required: Ability to lift and move at least 100 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience as a safe truck driver.
- Possess no recent moving or driving violations.
- Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to properly clock in/out and complete all job related paperwork. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.